Photobucket

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Happiness.

It all became too much. As i laid in my bed, lacking hours of sleep, being kept awake by the bang, bang, banging sounds of my father getting ready for work. As i laid there, not entirely awake but still miles away from sleeping. I realised just how little i was in the world. I was one of millions, i still am. And strangely enough, it comforted me. It made me think just how many out there were like me. Struggling to find their place in this world. What i thought would be a long sleepless night filled with tears and tissues ended up being a sleepless night, realising just how comforted i was with the fact that surely I'm not the only one like this.
I had wasted too much time thinking i was such a failure. I cant anymore. We act like time is the only thing that goes on forever, but not me, time will continue without us even when we're food for worms. So i grabbed my things and went outside. I went outside and looked up at the stars just to put it all into perspective. The night was lifeless, cold and beautiful. I sat there thinking how much is going to change, looking up at the brightest stars, knowing exactly who was looking over me. I continued to look up with tears rolling down my face, knowing just how better things are destined to be. I've always been a happy person, but never understood what happy truly was. The night was lifeless, everyone was asleep. Except me, i was wide awake and smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment